Thursday 21 October 2010

On with the show

After 'Little Shop' ended a couple of weeks ago, I have been roped in to directing the next show - "Hi-de-hi". I remember watching this 80's sitcom as a kid - I don't recall much content from the shows, but I distinctly remember the characters. From reading the play, the writers have taken bits and bobs from various episodes and made a little story out of them. I imagine it's going to feel like a number of linked sketches because of this - But I will try and make it as fun as possible to do.

Auditions are next week and i'm dreading them! I hate auditions as an actor, absolutley despise them! I never feel prepared enough and the nerves usually get to me in the end...and then you have the awful feeling when you are told you were unsuccessful! Now it's going to have to be me doing the letting down for some people!!! :s Deep down i'm still hoping that one person goes for each part and they're all fantastic so I won't have to upset anyone! Reality tells me this is unlikely!

I have also been working on a website as an information base for my 'secret' writing group, i'm using Wix, which is a flash based website builder - it's really easy...just click and drop sort of things - nothing too complicated for my newbie mind! I've finised the home page (I wonder if you can add pictures to this thing?):

Aha! so you can! I'm happy with my Insignia, but the font needs to be a little clearer...perhaps a gothic one will look better. Now all I need to do is fill it with writing! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment