Friday 13 August 2010

Never keeping up with a blog

I seem to excel at this - I start strong and with purpose, but soon lose interest or completely forget about blogs...I don't know how some people manage to find the time to lay down their thoughts and aspirations on a regular basis - I guess you have to force yourself to 'find time' but that all sounds like too much hard work!

The other problem I have is, how embarrassed I feel when I re-read old posts...either my opinions vary greatly over the months and years between starting blogs or I havn't grasped that all important gift of writing in your true voice...to me, I always sound a little too pretentious and arrogant when I read posts back to myself after a long period of time.

With this particular blog, I am forcing myself to keep the old crap rather than starting afresh in the hope that at least if I fail to keep up this time, it might make a decent collection by the time i'm 50 or so...

LIFE UPDATE
Still working in the same office and still with the same girl - perhaps there is a deeper meaning as to why I give up on blogs so easily, nothing exciting happening! I always feel that to have a successful blog you have to be really interesting or extremely fanatical about what you are writing - this removed 90% of the general population who are either plodding on with their average lives and are 'normal' enough not to care about anything.

That definately sounds like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment